Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spelling Bee....

So, my amazing 8 year old little boy made it into the school spelling bee. He won 1st place out of his class and is now headed to the school bee which is going to be between the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. He just brought home THE LIST of words to study. Yikes! There are over 1150 words to study and let me tell you, they are NOT easy. A few examples:
*incriminate
*omnivorous
*bellicose
*obsequious
*ostentatious
*magnanimous
Yeah, he is in 3rd grade! Holy Cow.
We are so proud of him for making it regardless of how well he does in the big one. He is such a smart kid and always tries to do his best in everything he does. I never have problems with him and his homework or anything. He just comes home and gets it done. What a great kid!

8 comments:

Rachel M said...

Holy Cow those words ARE hard! Good luck to Cayden in the spelling bee-smarty pants. I too went to the spelling bee in 3rd grade. I was eliminated on "industry". I was so nervous I rushed and messed up. As you can tell I was scarred for life-jk!

Sarah S. said...

Way to go Kaden! What a great achievement.

Sarah S. said...

Did I spell achievement right? ;)

Hillary said...

That is so exciting! How proud you must be. I hope you video record it because I would LOVE to see it!

Rasheta Family said...

wow! That is crazy. good luck to him!

TheShumWAYS said...

How cool! What a smarty pants. Good luck and let us know how it goes. When/if you guys coming home? We will be in town at my dads the sun before christmas, then probably at stacies mon and tues before we head to my moms. Are you there that early?

Vanessa said...

What a little smarty pants!

TheShumWAYS said...

We are coming home sunday, probably go to 9 am church and head out between 11--12 which would make us crossing thru the big city (hahaha) around 1:30-2:30ish, when are you guys heading out?