Wednesday, September 2, 2009

T.E.A. Party Express

I don't know if any of you are familiar with this movement, but it is a huge bus that is traveling from Ca. to Washington making like 30 stops along the way. It is a rally getting people excited and standing up for what they believe, quit raising the taxes, no on the health care bill, etc. Well one of the stops was Las Cruces last night. We decided to take the kids and head down and show our support. We all wore our red shirts and made posters. Travis and I talked to the kids about what we were doing and why, Cayden understood pretty well but I think Ally was just excited to go to the "Tea Party". We were so proud of the kids, they held their posters high and wanted to get right in the middle of it all. We knew there would be reporters there and so we had asked Cayden what he would say if anyone asked him why he was there. His response was "I am here because I like my country the way it is and I don't want them to change it". We had a great time and there was an awesome turn out. Towards the end the kids headed over with Travis to where there was a bunch of commotion. It was the reporter from Fox News there reporting for the Greta Van Susteran show. That was pretty exciting cause that is national news. The kids of course jumped right in with their posters in hopes to make it on TV. Sure enough Cayden was in view the entire time the guy was interviewing the lady who put the party on. It was so neat. We rushed home and set our tv to record the later showing of her show since it was live and we got up this morning and watched it. I was so proud of my kids. Cayden is there behind the reporter holding his poster that read "Dude, where's my country" and his flag and just as happy as could be. A couple of times you could see Ally's head poke out from behind the lady and I saw myself a few times when they spanned all of the crowd. It was a neat thing and I am glad we took the kids and hopefully they learned a little bit about the importance of standing up for what you believe in. Of course I forgot my camera, luckily Clayton had his so once I get pictures from him I will post them.

1 comment:

emmielou said...

We still have these news clips saved!