Sunday, January 11, 2009

Enough Already...

I have so patiently been waiting to make any post in the hopes that maybe the millionth time I tried to upload my pictures from Christmas it just might work. Well, I give up, I am posting with NO pictures.
We had a good Christmas, we were able to spend a few days in Az with all of our family. I have the most wonderful family ever and I am so grateful for them. That being said it does take some time to readjust once we are home. The readjustments go something like this; you mean I have to cook dinner tonight. Yes kids you have to go to bed, I know Mimi and Grandpa let you stay up late and watch movies and stuff but we are the parents and now you have to go to bed. NO MORE JUNK FOOD!!!! Do we really have to go to work tomorrow? Even though we had to adjust to real life again when we got back we are glad that we went.
Our time there consisted of Christmas Light drives, Cafe Rio, strawberry waffles Christmas morning, Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa Rowleys, presents, excited children, tired children, games and good food.
Since we have been home it seems it has been really hard to get back on track, we still haven't set up the trampoline that Santa brought the kids. I got sick the day after we got home with a terrible head cold. Travis a few days later was SICK in bed for like 3 days and had a MOUTH FULL of canker sores for over a week (still fighting some of them). It has been crazy. We are all on the up hill now so knock on wood. Luckily the kids never got sick.
We also celebrated Grady's 2nd birthday on the 7th of January. He is SO much fun. He makes me laugh on a daily basis. I honestly don't know what I would do without this little man in my life. Lately he has been really attached to me and anytime I leave the room he says "my mom, my mom". It is so cute. He is growing up way too fast. He says EVERYTHING!! He will mimick everything you say and he has gotten really good at putting words together and forming short sentences. On the days he goes with me to the gym he is really loved by all. When it is time to leave we walk through the gym to the back door (where my car is parked) and he tells EVERYONE "bye". All of my co-workers love it, he also tells anyone working out "bye". It is the cutest thing ever. I love him sooooo much.
I was teaching Cayden how to make rice krispie treats tonight and asked him to grab me a paper towel from under the sink for something. He got them out and said "how come they are all wet?" Sure enough a nice leak. Our disposal has a random whole in it. UGH!! My dishwasher is TERRIBLE and doesn't work well, it doesn't drain water at all and doesn't dry, I have been washing the majority of my dishes by hand and now this. Oh well! Travis tried to put some super glue or something on the whole and see if that will work, if not looks like we get to buy a new disposal and washer. Oh the joys of owning a home, right?
That about sums the last month up, oh except some really neat things for my friend Lori who has breast cancer, but that will have to be saved for another post.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Glad you guys are on the upswing of the sickies! NO FUN! We miss you as always!

Sarah S. said...

I am missing you guys lately. I keep thinking about you guys for some random reason. I hope everything is alright and everyone is o'kay.

Grady is to die for cute! I want to kiss his cheecks. Could he possibly be the perfect mix of you and Travis? From the pictures he looks like he is. That is so funny that he says "bye" to everyone. Avery does that at church during sacrament. She screams "bye daddy" when I take her out. She has realized that if she says "I need go poop" that she gets taken out as well. So now she screams that for the entire hour.