Monday, March 3, 2008

Little nervous.....

Ok I am kind of freaking out. I have been wanting to start teaching aerobics and have filled out an application at the gym I work out at hoping to start off by doing some substituting or something. I want to do like a total body class we start off doing some excersices to get our heart rate up and then do alot of work with the big swedish balls and some free weights. The guy at the gym sounded very positive about this class and had me highlight the days and times I could work. I just got off the phone with him and he wants me to start tomorrow. Are you kidding me? Wait it gets better, he wants me to do the SWIMNASTICS class. What the ?..... I have done many many aerobics classes but NEVER a swimnastics class. I don't have a clue what it is and how to teach it. So I am going to go down there this afternoon to observe a class and apparently teach one tomorrow. I am not sure how this happened. I swam on the Masters team with the guy that is kind of in charge so I guess he assumes I can do this. I would feel fine if it was teaching swim lessons, but I don' t even have a clue what swimnastics is, guess I wll find out soon enough.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Well good luck with that Lacey, I couldn't tell you what the heck that is. Maybe its doing tricks under the water, or getting on someones shoulders and doing flips off of them. Who knows. Have fun though.

Tifani said...

Holy Crap Lace. Yeah how the ? did this happen!!!Good Luck!! You will do great and will so inspiring to all the people who will be in your class. You go girl!! Let us know!!

Maren said...

What? Okay, now you have to move back here so I can take your class! How fun!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

your going to be great!

Ondriawfd said...

Congratulations! That sounds fun. Little awkward though teaching a class you've never even seen. I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. And what is swimnastics?

Taylor Anne Vail said...

hey where is the update? I want to hear how great it went...all the good details!