
Friday morning I woke up and started the project "the guitar cake". Cayden wanted this cake the minute he saw it online and was soooo excited about it. It took a real long time but it turned out pretty good, I was happy.

Then I took cupcakes to Cayden's class at school and he was so proud of them. We had decorated them the night before with swirls and squiggles and flowers and such. He kept telling his class "my mom made all of these by hand" it was very cute.

This is a special birthday because he turned 8 and will be getting baptized soon. We decided that the party should be special too, so we pulled out all the stops. He had about 12 kids come and we grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, rented a bouncy slide castle, and then he had his cousins and a friend sleep over. He is such a special kid and I love him so much. I love that he knows what is right and wrong and rarely waivers. He is so smart and loves to learn, he prefers the discovery channel over cartoons any day. He loves to play sports and is really good at them. I can hardly believe it was 8 years ago that Travis and I were having our first baby!!!! Wow how the time flies. We love you buddy and are so proud of the choices you have made and especially

the most recent big decision to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
9 comments:
Wow! I can't believe you have an 8 year old. It looks like he had a good day!
What a fun birthday party. I'm sad I missed it. Cayden cracks me up and is such a smart kid. I was tearing up reading about him, cuz I just love my kiddos so much and miss them all to peices.
can you believe it! They get so big so fast. Prepare yourself with TONS of tissues when he gets baptized, it is such an emotional day for moms! The nintendo DS is so much fun...score for Cayden! It might be a girl game, I don't know. But, the nintendog is a pretty fun game. I took Kelsey's and played it for hours when Ali was in the hospital:) I was suprized by the hours of entertainment...:)
It's finally starting to get nicer outside, I just wish the rain would cease. We are moving sometime before April 10th which is coming up real soon. I'm wondering what my bike ride to the gym is going to be like there, and how far. Miss you, wish we were all together again. Love ya
Wow, you have an eight year old? Happy Birthday Cayden and congrats on your upcoming baptism! Great job on the party and making the guitar cake! It is way cute.
Sunds like a fun time was had by all. Eight year old son uh; somebody is getting old. JK. We love you and thanks for sharing you special moments.
Tim Mangisisda
Hey how is the teaching at the gym going?
I can't believe he's 8! Where has the time gone? Happy birthday! Great cake Lacey!
a we are still dealing with the nasty butt one, it's a serious problem. I will definitely make you the yummy carrot cupcakes. I have been loving them for breakfast. I eat the top off then put butter on them and put it in the microwave. It would be yummy in a bread pan or those huge muffin pans. Anyway, my next attempt is going to be zucchini bread, yum. Oh, btw I saw this girls blog and she made a carrot bunt cake with cream cheese frosting, then melted rolos with toasted pecans on top. All I can say is it looked heavenly. Might need to try that one.
Post a Comment