Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catch Up!

There is no way for me to catch up on everything that has been happening since 4th of July when I last posted so I thought I would just put some random pictures with some highlights of the last few months. This is all the kids after the "talent" show at my family reunion this year. The kids love this and look forward to it every year. Especiallly the girls. As soon as they all get up there (Sherwood Forest) they spend countless hours practicing their dances to perform for the talent show. I LOVE this tradition, it went from me and all the cousins my age being teenagers teaching the younger cousins a dance, to the younger cousins teaching my kids a dance and finally this was the first year that the dances were all choreographed by the kids themselves. They did GREAT!
Sarah and Me (we are camping, not going out on the town, ha ha) She is great, I love her. We have always had this special bond even though she is like more than 10 years younger than me.
All the cute little girls, they have so much fun together.
This was at "The Catwalk" which is in Glenwood, NM about an hour away from Alpine and it was amazing. Beautiful hike and stream running through it the whole way.
So....the water was literally ICE COLD. It didn't stop these crazy boys from getting in head deep and riding it out. I am glad my brother in law Jon was there so Cayden had someone crazy enough to get in with him.
This is sideways but it is one of the many cool spots on the hike. Grady was a trooper!
I LOVE my little man. He is so hilarious!
Grady again, hiking down the path, it was pretty steep up and down in some spots. My other two kids took off way ahead of us slow people with their Uncles.
Back to 4th of July. We rented this plontoon boat and had a great time at Elephant Butte Lake. We missed the other Sherwoods, they had sickness at their house and couldn't make it.
I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a good looking husband!

Other things I haven't yet posted about:
Older two kids started school again (Cayden-5th grade, Ally 3rd grade)
Grady started preschool, which he LOVES
I am starting to work again, only 3 days a week
Cayden has started tackle football, scary!
Ally is taking violin lessons, I love it, she is doing really well
Ally is also taking a theater class and will be in a play the end of October "The Legend of Spooky Hollow"
Travis is CRAZY busy at work and doing awesome! He amazes me :)








2 comments:

The Waite Family said...

SO excited to see you blogging again!! Looks like you had a great summer.

emmielou said...

Yay for a new post! Sounds like you guys are staying busy.