Thursday, May 8, 2008

Strep throat and Cardiologist.....

Last night I got EXTREMELY sick and I just KNEW it was strep throat. I was really bummed because I have been waiting over a month for Grady's appt. with the cardiologist and it happened to be today. Thankfully Travis was able to take him (if we would have cancelled it would have been another month before the doctor was back in Las Cruces). So, while Travis took Grady I took myself to the urgent care and sure enough it is strep throat. The doctor didn't think it was and told me that 3-4 times. I said "will you please just take the test because this is how I felt the last time I had strep throat (almost 3 years ago). Then after the results came back positive she came in the room laughing and said "you were right, it is strep" ha ha, I knew it. Glad I could pay her $167.00 for something I already knew I had, ugh doctors! At least I should be feeling better soon.

Grady's appt. went really well and Travis said he was really impressed with the doctor. He didn't know much of Grady's history when the doctor asked questions (boys and details, LOL) but she said everything looked normal. She listened to him alot and took alot of pictures of his heart and although he has the heart murmur she said everything looked good. She didn't feel it had anything to do with his eating and not gaining weight issues, but the best news is he had gained weight, FINALLY! I think he is just fine!! I just wanted to update everyone a little bit.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Thats no fun about your strep and the big doctors bill. Good to hear that Grady is gaining weight.I didn't know that he had a heart murmur. Hope you feel better.